Man arrested in Menachem Stark's murder

Brooklyn Currents | 4/30/2014 | 0 comments

Menachem Stark
Police have arrested a Brooklyn man in the kidnapping and murder of Brooklyn landlord Menachem Stark.

Police said  26-year-old Kendel Felix of Brooklyn was charged on Wednesday, April 30 with second-degree murder.

The 39-year-old Stark was last seen leaving his office on Rutledge Street in Williamsburg in early January.

He was later found dead in a Dumpster on Long Island.

Sources told NY1 that  police had been questioning four people, but as of April 30, only Felix had been charged.


In January, the New York Post outraged family members -- as well as many Brooklyn residents and politicians --  when it ran a headline with its coverage: Who DIDN'T want him dead?

Newly elected Borough President Eric Adams condemned the headline, and organized a rally against the Post on Sunday Jan. 5

Brooklyn Currents and its sister site, HaOhr, were among the news outlets that editorialized harshly against the Post for its portrayal of Stark, who was known in  Jewish communities as a philanthropist and whose  death drew thousands of mourners to his quickly arranged funeral.


Category:

Article by

Follow Brooklyn Currents on Facebook and Twitter
Brooklyn on the Web.

0 comments